Why QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 occurs?
This error occurs due to corrupted QuickBooks company files which clearly states that QuickBooks Company File can’t reside on any other computer.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -82?
Step 1: To avoid spaces before the company file extension and after the company name
- Firstly, close all windows of QuickBooks Desktop from all machines.
- Click on Open folder where QuickBooks company file is stored.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks company file and select Rename option.
- Click on the name of the file, then verify and avoid any spaces between the file extension and company name.
- Now, either create a company file or open a company file.
Step 2: Locate where QuickBooks is installed from there click on Turn off hosting
For Single-User Access:
- Click on to File > then select Utilities > Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- After clicking on "Stop hosting multi-user access" message appears, choose Yes.
- After clicking on "Company file must be closed" message appears, choose Yes.
For Multi-User Access:
Computer displays error on each client:
- In the No Company Open pane, choose File, then select Utilities.
- Verify that the menu option Host Multi-User Access is viewed.
- When one or more client computers display the menu option, Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, which specifies they are already hosting multi-user access.
- Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option to turn off hosting.
- If you will now try to reopen the problem file. The log-in window should be displayed till now.
Step 3: Click on Run to Quick Fix my Program tool on computer
- Either download or install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on the computer.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Click on Start QuickBooks Desktop and choose open your QuickBooks Company data file.
Since, you’re now over with QuickBooks Error. We really hope that this post managed to fix all your queries regarding QuickBooks error -6000, -82. Our technical team will surely find out more such queries you come across. For further assistance feel free to contact our QuickBooks Error Support as our team of expert leaders is available 24*7 to assist you or you can also directly drop us a mail at email@example.com