Why QuickBooks Error -6000, -816 occurs?
There are various reasons why QuickBooks causes Error -6000, -816, listed below are some reasons:
- Damaged Company file
- When third party backup software uses your QuickBooks company file(.qbw)
- When you are opening company file on Vista
- Improper installation of QuickBooks.
- If your QuickBooks Company file is stored in a Microsoft Window home server edition with numerous hard disks which is not maintained.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -816
Method 1: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Click on Open to open the folder which has company file.
- Locate for the file same as company file with .ND and .TLG extension
- Click on Retitle and type .OLD at last of each file name.
- Now, you can reopen QuickBooks.
Method 2: To view a sample file
- Choose No Company File and select Open Sample File
- Then, choose from Sample Company files
Method 3: You have to Copy the backup QuickBooks Company files
- Firstly, to open the folder which stores the company file
- Locate for the file with these extensions
- Double click and click on the tab Copy option.
- You have to copy paste the files on Desktop
- Continue pressing Hold key and click on start QuickBooks
- Click on Open or Select restore Existing Company.
Method 4: After Copy, Restore the backup QuickBooks Company files
- If suppose you are not able to open the QuickBooks company file, click on to restore the backup of your company file which will help you in searching the problem with the current company file.
Method 5: Restore your QuickBooks backup by using Auto Data Recovery
- By using ADR you can re-establish the backup of your QuickBooks company file.
We actually expect that this place has managed to resolve your Error -6000, -816 on your own for advanced functioning. Our technical team will make sure to find out more such errors you come across.If you still face any kind of issue related to this error feel free to contact QuickBooks Error Support number as our support team is available 24*7 or you can also directly drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org