We will update you to resolve the error when you need to convert from QuickBooks to Mac. You may resolve the error, QuickBooks when you are not able to convert your Mac file to windows. You resolve the error by following the instructions given by QuickBooks Error Support. The error which is displayed to you is
“QuickBooks is not able to convert your Mac file to a Windows file. Restore was successful, but the file cannot be opened in this version without being updated”
So, it is clear the steps you followed to restore is correct but you face after that thus, you should firstly check the latest release of QuickBooks or the operating system you are using.
The error could also occur when a document’s memo field carry so many characters when you come across any unknown character in a particular transaction. You must carry on for the steps till the time your issue is not solved or you may also consult QuickBooks Error Support.
Method 1: Update both version of QuickBooks to the latest release
- If you are using QuickBooks for Mac, click on QuickBooks, then choose Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- In QuickBooks for Windows, select Help, then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Alternatively, you can also download the updates.
- Perform basic data checks or repairs to check a certain cause of the error.
If this method worked out and you would be able to convert file from one to another, you are successful else try to contact QuickBooks Error Support.
Method 2: In QuickBooks for Mac
Solution 1: Verify the data
- Click on File, then choose Utilities.
- Click on Verify data.
If a problem is encountered, try for another method, else you can also send us a mail
Solution 2: Run a rebuild
- Click on File, then click on Utilities.
- Choose Rebuild data.
Solution 3: Run a Verify again
This method only works to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Try for next method or you can also be in touch with our expert leaders available at QuickBooks Error Support.
Method 3: Modify the length of entries in Memo field
- If you are using mac, double click on the icon of QuickBooks on your PC.
- Create a Transaction detail by
Date report for all dates:
- In the Reports menu, then click on Transaction detail by Date.
- In the Dates drop-down menu, click on All Dates.
- Go through the Memo column for any text which should not be longer than the maximum 100 characters.
- Double-click on the transactions with large memos or descriptions, then either delete or shorten the length of memos to less than 99 characters.
- Remember to create a new backup file of company for your QuickBooks for Windows file, then again try for the conversion
Method 4: Delete replicated memorized reports
- Double click on the icon of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- In the reports menu, click on Memorized Reports
- Search for all the memorized report and verify for all replicated transaction
- Delete all duplicate memorized reports
- Remember to create a new backup company file for your QuickBooks and then try to convert it again
If all above method works out perfectly, then you are free from any bugs and if still struggling with the issue, feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Error Support and you can also list out all errors in mail and send it to email@example.com. You can also be in touch with our executives available 24*7 to help you for making accounting stress free.