When you thought to make some bounded modifications in data of your company file, you can simply import and exports using Microsoft. This is much more reliable method of updating data rather than doing it on your own inside the software. In a manner to import and export successfully you must follow the guideline to resolve the error while either updating or transferring a data file given by QuickBooks Point of Sale Support.
To follow the Import Process
If you want to import in Excel and make a smooth run in your business, you must take care of the following:
- If you are using Excel, then there should be no blank fields
- Empty out all rows and columns in Excel
- Delete all the columns which are hidden
- You should not use any formulas or special characters
Follow the instructions very carefully, if you are thinking to import the process
- Before you think to import the data you must check that you have taken complete backup of your company file.
- Follow a quick scan for the micrososft worksheet
- Open .csv sheet to check the irregularities in QuickBooks
- Firstly, make a copy of it and then paste that file which gives you the access to paste
- Split the lengthy sheets into smaller splits
Method 1: Select your template
- Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Right-click on the Windows Logo button and click on File Explorer.
- Move in the left window to the location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale (x.0).
- To scroll, choose the arrow symbol next to each folder shown.
- Right-click on QB POS Import Template.xls and click on Delete.
- Confirm the process of deletion.
Method 2: Set up and import data to Point of Sale
- In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale,
- Click on File then choose Utilities and then click on Import.
- In the Data Import Wizard, click on Next.
- Choose the type of data you want to import then click on Next
- Click on Default template on how you want to import the data and open the Import Template.
- If you want to have a different file template for importing:
- Click on Custom file then choose Next.
- Search for your saved template. You must check that the worksheet used is correct and on which row the data started.
- To reconcile the columns from the import template to the Point of sale fields, you may need to map the data manually.
- Click on Choose File Mapping
- Choose Add or Select Mapping
- Click on Manage Mappings.
- Once mapping is completed, click on Save.
- Choose Next and follow the dialog to import
- Choose Next and follow the prompt.
- Once the import wizard have checked the import file, click on Import.
- Close the wizard.
If still you are stuck while importing you are free to contact us at QuickBooks Point of Sale Support
To know about Export process
In export data you usually save the copy of file in your computer and do all the modifications while you create a new file, transfer the data or update the information. You are required to take a complete backup of your company file.
Follow the below listed steps very carefully to export the data
- In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, click on File
- Choose Utilities and then click on Export.
- In the Data Export Wizard, choose Inventory Items then click on Next.
- Type all the required details in the fields:
- Select destination file – the destination where file will be saved
- Write records to (sheet) – the fields where the data is required to be entered
- Begin exporting data to row – the specified row from where data should be started
- In the Choose export template, you may click on the default inventory template or you will manage the mapping on your own to reconcile the details to be exported from QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Click on Next.
- Confirm whether the record is ready to export is accurate, then click on Export.
If you are not able to export the data you are free to call QuickBooks Point of Sale Support.
We really hope this content had delivered you the most suitable solution in order to resolve the issue of import or export the data. Contact QuickBooks Point of Sale Support to solve the issue. You can also drop a mail on our mail di at firstname.lastname@example.org.